Monday, January 21, 2008

A few more less interesting pics...

Here are some more pics just for fun.

On January 6th, I went with some friends to a all you can eat brunch in Managua. They serve delicious food and all you can drink champagne. What could be more fun!

This is a picture of Katrina, my sitemate, and me. Katrina is the only other Peace Corps volunteer that lives in Corinto with me. She teaches English as a foreign language in the high school. We don't live together but we do see each other fairly often. We teach an english class together on monday and thursday nights. Also, she lives by the hospital so I sometimes see her on my way to work. She will be done with her service December of this year, 4 months before I am done. We are each others support system whenever we have problems with work or life in Corinto. I'm lucky to have someone that lives so close that can help me with whatever I need (including taking care of my cat, David Beckham, when I have to be in Managua for work).


A picture of Lisa and I at the buffet.

This is a picture of Playa Maderas in San Juan del Sur. We had to hitch a ride for about 15 minutes away from the town of San Juan del Sur to get to it but it was definitly worth it. Close by is one of the beaches where people say it is one of the best surfing places in the world.

This ones for you, Dad. Here's me on my cell phone at our cottage in San Juan del Sur overlooking the ocean.

Taco night at the cottage. I brought back some taco seasoning packets from the states and we made ourselves tacos for New Years Eve dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, those pictures of your lips had me laughing for a good thirty minutes. I think you should photoshop the two photos so you can have both upper and lower swelling at the same time...

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.