Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So always a crowd favorite are pictures of Carlito. Here he is in our house dressed up as a cowboy. Since my host mom is a seamstress (and a nurse...she pretty much works from the time she wakes up, 6am until the time she goes to bed, 10:30pm) she makes costumes and rents/sells them. So this was just a random night when she let her grandson carlito dress up.



And thats carlito with his aunt (whose 9) and my host sister Athziri. We decided that she was a Spanish Space Dancer, because we didnt really know what the costume was.
And here is me with Carlito. I got my haircut the next day so its not quite as long, but basically thats me after 2 months in Nicaragua, any different? I dont think so.


This is my new room in Corinto. I know that this isnt the best picture but it gives you an idea. And yes, its a bit messy. The savior is that I have a fan which is pretty much a necessity because its so hot during the day and night. This room is much bigger than my room in Santa Teresa which is nice.


Another view of my room and the door into my room. You can sort of see that one of my walls is just a piece of wood...it doesnt go all the way to the ceiling, its just a block between my room and the living room. The ceilings are really high Spanish tile ceiling. Currently, nearby Corinto, in Chichigalpa they are burning sugar cane as part of the processing of the sugar, and so ash falls on Corinto all day. Since the roof isnt exactly air-tight when I get back from a day of work my room and bed is covered in ash. Luckily I live with a host family that cleans my room every day, a necessity here because of all the ash and dust. I dont know what I´m going to do when I live on my own. Sweeping and dusting my house everyday will be something I have to get used to.

No comments: